The Kia WAFL State team take on the South Australian West End State team this Saturday in the 2018 State Game in Adelaide.
The match will be played at Adelaide Oval at 11.40am (WST) as a curtain-raiser to the Port Adelaide v Adelaide AFL Showdown.
The game will be streamed live (below) and via the WAFL app. There will also be simulcast on radio in WA via Sport FM 91.3fm.
Successful 2017 WAFL State Coach Michael Broadbridge, who led WA to an historic win over the VFL in Melbourne last year, will be at the helm again joined by assistant coaches Steve Malaxos, Gary Moss, Paul Johnson and Beau Wardman.
WHAT’S AT STAKE
The teams are playing for the Haydyn Bunton Jnr Cup, currently held by Western Australia
Haydyn Bunton Jnr
· Played 153 games in SA (54 Games North, 97 games Norwood.)
· Played 148 games in WA (89 games Swan Districts, 59 games Subicaco
· Coached 5 premierships (Swan Districts 1961,62 & 63, Subiaco 1986 & 88).
· Senior coach over five decades— Norwood 1957-58, Swan Districts 1961-64, Subicao 1968-73, South Adelaide 1975-82 &
WAFL RECENT FORM
· WA has won its last 5 state games—VFL in 2013 & 2017, NEAFL in 2014, Tasmania in 2016 and SANFL in 2015.
· Last year defeated the VFL in Victoria for the first ever time, in 24th attempt.
· WAFL have not won in SA since 1994, lost last 4 in Adelaide
SANFL RECENT FORM
· Have won 8 of their last 10 state games dating back to 2003
· Their only 2 losses have been to WA in WA (Lathlain 2015, Leederville 2009)
· SA has not lost a home interstate game since 2002 (v VFL), since 1991 they are 9-2 at home.
HEAD TO HEAD RECORD
· All up, state league and state of origin, 93 matches have been played with WA leading 47 wins to 46.
· Since 1991, as a state league contest, SA lead the series 7-5, with a 5-1 record in Adelaide
RADIO BROADCAST : SPORT FM 91.3
· Adelaide's LIFE 107.9 FM call will be simulcast in WA on Sport FM 91.3
· Commentary team will be Doug Oakley, Chris Kendall & John Townsend